- This event has passed.
Maine Brewers’ Guild: Winter Session
February 29 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmVaries
Join Maine Brewers and Out of State Guest Brewers for the best beer fest in Maine this winter – Winter Session.
Set indoors within the Brick South Building at Thompson’s Point in Portland on February 29th, 2020.
This year we’ll offer 3 options for tickets – all include access for the full 4 hours (1-5PM) of the event:
GA ticket: $55
- includes unlimited beer samples, and souvenir tasting glass.
Pair of Tickets: $99
- Bring a friend and you both save – same perks as GA, x2 (ie. two tasting glasses, plus all beer samples).
Designated Driver*: $10
- Get to and from the event safely with designated drivers. There will be a Designated Driver hospitality table offering free seltzers, snacks and water sponsored by Acadia Benefits.
- Entry only, does NOT include tasting glass, and absolutely NO alcohol consumption.
*All ticketholders, including Designated Drivers, must be 21 years or older.
Please see the information underneath the Participating Brewery List for more information and FAQ’s.
FINAL LIST: 95 PARTICIPATING BREWERIES
- Airline Brewing Company
- Allagash Brewing Company
- Atlantic Brewing Company
- Austin Street Brewery
- Banded Brewing
- Bangor Beer Company
- Barreled Souls
- Bateau Brewing
- Bath Brewing Company
- Battery Steele Brewing
- Baxter Brewing Co.
- Bigelow Brewing Company
- Birchwood Brewing
- Black Pug Brewing
- Brewery Extrava
- Brickyard Hollow Brewing
- Bunker Brewing Co
- Buttonwoods Brewery (Cranston, RI, guest of Atlantic Brewing Company)
- Connecticut Valley Brewing (South Windsor, CT, guest of Flight Deck Brewing)
- Corner Point Brewing Company
- Crooked Run Brewing (Sterling, VA, guest of Barreled Souls)
- Cushnoc Brewing Co.
- Deciduous Brewing Company (Newmarket, NH, guest of Foundation Brewing Company)
- Earth Eagle Brewings (Portsmouth, NH, guest of Urban Farm Fermentory)
- Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Co., Inc. (Framingham, MA, guest of Marsh Island Brewing)
- Firefly Hollow Brewing Co (Bristol, CT, guest of Outland Farm Brewery)
- Flight Deck Brewing
- Fluvial Brewing, LLC
- Fogtown Brewing Company
- Folksbier (Brooklyn, NY, guest of Blaze Brewing)
- Footbridge Brewery
- Fore River Brewing Company
- Foulmouthed Brewing
- Foundation Brewing Company
- Four Quarters Brewing (Winooski, VT, guest of Austin Street Brewery)
- Freeport brewing company
- Funky bow
- Geary Brewing Company
- Goodfire Brewing Co.
- Grateful Grain Brewing Company
- Great North Aleworks (Manchester, NH, guest of Baxter Brewing)
- Gritty McDuff’s Brewing Co.
- Hermit Thrush Brewery (Brattleboro, VT, guest of Lone Pine Brewing)
- Island Dog Brewing
- Kennebunkport Brewing Co./Federal Jacks
- Lake St. George Brewing Co.
- Lamplighter Brewing Co. (Cambridge, MA, guest of Bigelow Brewing)
- Lawsons Finest Liquids (Waitsfield, VT, guest of Fore River Brewing Company)
- Liars Bench Beer Co. (Portsmouth, NH, guest of Banded Brewing)
- Liquid Riot Bottling Company
- Lone Pine Brewing Company
- Lost Nation Brewing (Morrisville, VT, guest of Bunker Brewing)
- Lubec Brewing Company
- Maine Beer Company
- Marsh Island Brewing, LLC
- Mason’s Brewing Company
- Mast Landing Brewing Company
- Moderation Brewing
- Nonesuch River Brewing
- Northwoods Brewing Company (Northwood, NH, guest of Bangor Beer Co.)
- Norway Brewing Company
- NU Brewery
- Orono Brewing
- Outland Farm Brewery
- Oxbow Brewing Company
- Peak Organic Brewing Co.
- Rising Tide Brewing Company
- Root Wild
- Saco River Brewing
- Sasanoa Brewing
- Schilling Beer Company (Littleton, NH, guest of Allagash Brewing Company)
- Sea Dog Brewing Co.
- SHEEPSCOT VALLEY BREWING COMPANY
- Side By Each Brewing Co.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co (Chico, CA, guest of Sebago Brewing Company)
- Some Brewing Company
- Stars & Stripes Brewing
- sunday river brewing company
- The Pour Farm
- The Run of the Mill
- Thin Man Brewery (Buffalo, NY, guest of Mast Landing Brewing Co.)
- Tributary Brewing Co.
- Tumbledown Brewing
- Urban Farm Fetmentory / Gruit
- van der BREW
- Vitamin Sea Brewing (Weymouth, MA, guest of Definitive Brewing)
- Woodland Farms brewery
- XOTA Brewing Co.
- York Beach Beer Company
- Zero Gravity Craft Brewery (Burlington, VT, guest of Maine Beer Co.)
Coming from Boston? Hop on the train!
- Maine Craft Beer Coaster (Package Deal offering Amtrak Train Tix to/from Boston North Station + Festival Tix)
Food available for purchase from a variety of food trucks:
- High Roller Lobster
- Mainely Meatballs
- Mr Tuna
- Shuck Shack
- Steam Machine steam buns
- Sweet Life Kettle Corn
- Vantage Point Chowder
- 100+ Maine beers, and beers from out-of-state breweries not normally offered in Maine.
- Plenty of food options.
- Ample space to move around.
- Maine brewers and their guest brewers, brewery owners, and staff in attendance and pouring their beers.
- Limited tickets are available – we’re keeping this small to ensure a great experience for all involved.
Q: Will this event be held rain or shine or snow or sleet or hail?
A: Yes. This event is indoors and will be a snow or shine, all-weather event. We reserve the right to end the event early or cancel in cases of extreme weather or any weather deemed a public safety hazard by city officials.
Q: Can I bring my dog/ cat/ pet rabbit?
A: No, we are not able to allow pets into the event, service animals only.
Q: Can I bring my toddler/ baby in a stroller/ baby swaddled in a golden fleece diaper?
A: No, this is a strictly 21+ event, and we will not allow access to anyone under 21.
Q: I bought an extra ticket for my friend, but now they can’t come. Can I get a refund?
A: Refunds are available up to 30 days prior to the event – you can request them via eventbrite and we will refund that way.
Q: Will you be serving any wine or cider or gluten-free options at the event?
A: While we love our GF and wine, cider, and spirits-loving friends, as the nonprofit for beer brewers, we’re focused on beer. We cannot guarantee that participating breweries will offer any gluten-free or cider options at this event. We will have free water around the venue during the event.
Q: Will brewers be selling their beer at this event? Can I get my growler filled?
A: Sorry, but no. Brewers will not be selling their beer at this event, and growlers may not be filled at the event.
Q: I am a homebrewer. Can I pour my beer at this event?
A: Sorry, but no, only federally licensed breweries are able to pour their beer at this event.
Q: Will food be available at the event?
A: Yes, we’ll have a variety of food and snacks there available for purchase.
Q: What makes this beer fest so special?
A: Our beer fests are hosted by brewers for you, beer fans. As the only nonprofit organization representing Maine brewers, we have the biggest community of brewers to support our fests, we live and breath (and drink!) beer, and know what makes a great fest, and all proceeds from our event go to support the work of promoting and protecting Maine brewers. This year, we have a brewers conference (sorry, pros only) the day before our fest, so we’re expecting even more Maine and out of state brewers (who will be at the conference the day before) to join us and pour their beers. Maine brewers who invite guest brewers will share a table with their guest brewers – ensuring maximum space for attendees, and maximum beer and brewery options to choose from.