Welcome to Open Orchard Freeport.
Our site is being built, but while you’re here please read a little bit about what we’re planting.
About the project.
Our tree farm, located in Freeport, Maine, will be a collection of heirloom, antique, and native stone fruit varieties that preserves, promotes, and reintroduces forgotten fruits to people everywhere. Through community partnerships, we will grow these fruits for:
- Sale to the general public
- Agricultural training—education, growing, harvesting, and grafting workshops
- Pick Your Own plus fruit blossom, and fresh eating tours.
What’s planned for growth.
Open Orchard will be a rich environmental resource for all who care about preserving and protecting precious food resources for generations to come and will be planted with:
- Tree of 40 Fruit
- Forgotten fruit varieties
- Heirloom fruits that were cultivated before WWII
- Antique centuries-old fruit varieties
- Cultivation stock of plums, peaches and cherries from New York